Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's The Pleasure Principle


I'm taking a break right now from odious school work. I've already written my paper for Canadian Rep, and prepared my presentation, but I still have to finish my masterclass journal and masterclass essay. It's the most odious thing ever. What teachers did you like and why? Blah de blah de blah. I've been working all day and it's odious. You know what a fun word is? Odious.

I've had this newspaper article in my wallet since Vancouver that I meant to post up here, because it's really funny. "Dutch busker squacks after saxaphone seized. The Hague. Dutch police have confiscated the saxophone of a busker who played so badly that his audience complained. The 43-year-old used to perform at the railway station at Leiden in the west of the country to the dismay of passengers, who found his instrument an ill wind." Man, I wish that cops did that more. Sometime you hear buskers on the street, and you're just like, 'oh, dude, that's disgusting.' At the market when we play at the spot inside, the people who work around there thank us because otherwise they're forced to listen to this really bad guy sing with a guitar all day.

Now I'll leave you with a rejected greeting card idea. "Spread some holiday cheer. (Inside) Or drink alone. Who am I to judge?"

No comments: