Saturday, April 15, 2006


Well, I'm back from Vancouver and I guess I'll give you a run-down of what happened. I flew in on Monday morning, and with the time difference I flew out of Toronto at 7:30 am and got there at 9:30 am. So I wanted to get sort of switched over to the time difference so I went out and wandered around downtown Vancouver for a while, and ended up going to see that new movie She's The Man. It was kinda funny. Then I went back to the place I was staying and crashed at about 8 pm. I got up on Tuesday morning and tooled around for a bit, and practiced, then I headed out to UBC for a lesson with David Harding. I left myself alot of time because I wanted to time how long it took me for my audition the next day. So anyways I went, and I had a good lesson, and he seemed to like me and all. So then I went home again, and watched Gilmore Girls and Pepper Dennis on the WB and then went to bed. I got up at 7 on Wed to prepare for my audition. I packed up my stuff and took my suitcase with me to UBC, and I had my audition at 10:40, and then I had an ear-training test at 12:45 (which I aced), and a theory test at 1:30 (which I also aced). Then I grabbed all my stuff and headed out the ferry terminal at Tswaassen to catch the ferry to Nanaimo. I got there at 8:30, and my grandma met me there and took me back to her condo.
On Thursday I tooled around Nanaimo with my grandma, then at 4:30 my cousin Gayle's husband Robert picked us up and drove us up to my Cousin Bob and his wife Amanda's place in Comox. They have a 4 year old, Nathan, and a 7 month old, Emma. Nathan was so excited to see visitors, and was running all over the place, and insisted on showing me all of his video games and dvds. We had supper there, and I crashed not soon after Nathan went to bed. On Friday morning we had breakfast, and then my cousin Bruce and his wife Ramona and their kids (7 year old David and 4 year old Joseph) took the ferry over from Vancouver and came for lunch. Joseph is so cute - he was completely enamoured with Emma, and kept hugging her and patting her. Bruce said he really likes babies - he has Down's syndrome, and he's been in the same swimming lesson class for the past three years, so by now it's Joseph and all the babies. After lunch my Uncle Gerry drove my grandma and I up to Campbell River to visit my cousin Gayle and her kids Spencer, 13, and Devon, 7. Bruce and Ramona followed as they would be staying with Gayle and Robert over the Easter weekend. We had a nice little visit, and were back in Comox by 5:30 to pick up my cousin Bob from the airport. He works for a trucking company based out of Calgary, and he's finding it really hard to be away from his family so much. He used to live in California, and owned his own company, but when they had Emma, and Nathan got to school age, he and Amanda decided they'd rather raise their kids in Canada. Especially since they were not only living in the land of Bush, but also Schwarzenegger. Ugh. Anyways, we went back to their house for supper, then after supper we went for a walk with the kids around Comox. It's very pretty there, though rainy..... And my flight was at 6:30 this morning, so Bob got up 5 to drive me to the airport. Anyways, I guess I'll probably be in Vancouver next year!

No comments: