Monday, March 13, 2006

Hello........

Well, today was sure exciting. I got up and got to school at 9:30. I practiced until my rehearsal at 12, then had a lesson from 1-2:30. I then went home and did laundry. Then once my laundry was done I was so bored I went and saw that new movie Failure To Launch. It was Ok I guess. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days was better though, and it was basically the same premise, and also starring Matthew McConaghey. It's that classic story of guy meets girl, guy falls in love with girl, then finds out she's a scheming whore, then figures out he loves her anyways, and they all live happily ever after. Awwww....... Although, I have to say that the alcoholic, emotionally unavailable best friend was a nice touch. I liked her.

I'm reading this book right now called 1421: The Year China Discovered the World, and it's totally blowing my mind. It's this huge mofo of a book, and I'm just tearing through it because it's so fascinating. I highly recommend it to anybody who's the least bit interested in how our entire history is a lie and the Chinese are our magnanimous overlords. It really just makes me wish I were Chinese, because then I'd belong to a super-cool advanced society. Instead of the boring old Wester European one, who just stole all the glory from the Chinese. I mean, the only reason the Europeans "discovered" North America is because they already knew it was there! They had maps that clearly showed where everything was, because the Chinese had already been there in the 1420s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My head is exploding!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: