Friday, March 31, 2006

Yawn

So I went and got Catherine last night and we went over to the Zapfs. Catherine then played Michelle's piece she wrote for Catherine's recital, and made sure she was playing the right notes and stuff. Meanwhile, I crawled into Michelle's bed because I was exhausted. After a nice restful sleep, we got up, ate breakfast, and went to school. We practiced for about 3 hours, and then went home to shower and stuff. Catherine went off to school around 5 to warm-up and stuff before her recital, and I hung out and watched the first season of Two Guys and a Girl (and a Pizza Place). Then I went to school to see Cath's recital. She was pretty fuckin' great, but Michelle and I became extremely enraged when she and Alastair started getting all dramatic and touchy. I mean, cheese and rice! Hasn't Alastair yanked her around enough?!!!! You don't declare your undying love for someone, and then the moment they reciprocate say that you can't leave your 16-year-old girlfriend. Honestly, Catherine cried for a week. And yet she is still allowing him to yank her around. I want to go slap him around for being such a motherfucker. But Catherine has such low opinion of herself that she just lets him do it. Oh yeah, and he's been accepted to U of Michigan, but he hasn't told her yet. So she's also torn up about that. It really pisses Michelle and I off, because we would never ever in a million gazillion years let someone play us like that. And if someone tried to, we would beat them up (at least I would - Michelle would probably settle for a nice kick in the balls). Anyways, it's just really annoying because I've seen this all before with Catherine. She gets her heart set on some jerk who isn't very good to her, and there's no talking sense into her. I've tried. For 6 years. "We have a connection!" she said when she was 16 and he was 23 and in a serious relationship. This time it's, "Alastair is irreplaceable!" You know what, if there's one thing I've learned it's that we're all replaceable. You can always replace someone. Just ask the Chinese.

No comments: